Link to the 2013
Letter to Pupils.
Link to the full 2013
Link to the
2015 Church Inspection Report.
Below is the "Letter to Pupils" dated 5 October 2009 which summarises
the findings of the full 2009
Inspection of Overbury Church of England First School, Overbury, Worcestershire
Thank you for your welcome when my team and I visited your school recently.
enjoyed seeing the school because it is good with some things that are excellent.
We especially liked:
* your excellent behaviour, your enjoyment of school and the way you look
for one another
* the above average standards you reach in English and mathematics
* the good progress you make and the good teaching that helps you do this
* the outstanding progress you make in reading
* the outstanding care and guidance staff provide, which help you feel very
safe, and show you how to live healthily
* the headteacher’s clear and good quality leadership, which sets such
expectations of your conduct and learning
* the way the school links with the life of the local community.
If the school is to become even better it needs to:
* make sure more lessons enable you to make excellent progress by giving you
more challenging work
* help you to make better progress in problem solving and calculation skills
mathematics to become excellent as well.
Best wishes for the rest of your time at Overbury.
Yours faithfully, Bob Drew, Lead Inspector